The Field House is still scheduled to open by November 25, 2014. Here are some photos of the weight room and Field House.
The first week of school at Preble High School was a great success. With school back in session, Preble administration and staff will communicate with families and students through its normal communication channels.
The Preble Restoration website will continue; however, the posts will be limited to information regarding the continued work on the Field House.
To ensure a safe and orderly arrival and dismissal of students, please note the following:
- Effective until the completion of the Field House repairs, Danz Avenue will be a one-way street – northbound – between Newberry Avenue and Deckner Avenue. There is no parking along Danz, as this is reserved for staff.
- In the morning the circle will be open. Only vehicles in the right lane should stop to drop-off students. Vehicles in the left lane should not stop to let students out due to safety concerns. When exiting the circle, vehicles in the left lane must turn left and vehicles in the right lane turn right.
- At the end of the school day the circle will be closed. Vehicles may park on both sides of Deckner Avenue along the length of the school to pick-up students. There is no student pick-up on Danz Avenue between the school and the stadium.
Effective immediately, and until completion of the Field House repairs, Danz Ave. will be a one-way street – northbound – between Newberry Ave. and Deckner Ave. This will be in effect 24/7. The gates will not be closed, except during events. When the gates are closed, vehicles can travel southbound from Deckner Ave. to the church.
Teachers are allowed to park along the west side of Danz only, facing north.
There is approximately 100’, immediately in front of the gym lobby, where no parking is allowed. This is to allow buses/cars/etc. to get past the construction fence and then veer back to the center/right lane.
The one way street signs and the no-parking area are clearly marked.
We are one week away from the start of school. Below are some reminders:
- The first day of school will be Monday, September 15th, starting at 7:30 a.m. and ending at 3:18 p.m.
- The student portal for Preble is scheduled to open on Tuesday (9/9). Families may start checking their portals on that day.
Registration for students will be Thursday, September 11, from 4 p.m. – 8 p.m., and Friday, September 12, from 7 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Freshmen Forward will be held on Friday, September 12. Students are assigned to one of three time slots by alphabet:
- A-G: 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- H-P: 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- Q-Z: 2:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Since the fire at Preble High School in August, parents, students and community members have reached out to Preble asking how they can be of service. Preble High School administrators are now asking community members to consider a donation of new or used clothing items to replenish the Preble Hive. The Hive is a school community donation center that helps students get the supplies they need to be comfortable and successful at school. The Hive provides school supplies and clothing to students who need them.
Donations of clothing items and shoes (new or used) will be accepted during registration which will be held in the Preble Commons on Thursday, September 11 from 4 – 8 p.m. and on Friday, September 12 from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Donations of socks and underwear are especially appreciated, and should be new.